Thursday, August 27, 2009

Orientation

So this is my third day at college orientation. I've been learning the in's and out's of life that is college. My triple room is way bigger than I expected it to be and it looks awesome. For example:
My bed and my desk....and the giant shoebox full of cookies from my grandmom (in front of the TV) We've had several RA's complimenting our set-up. And, for probably the first time in my life, my stuff is pretty organized. For the moment, anyway. That's bound to change when classes actually start. But I've gotten a surprising amount of knitting done over the past couple of days during boring sessions. And I've found that it's very difficult to knit while there's an auditorium full of college students waiting for Keenan Thompson. The Orientation Leaders kept sending a wave across, threatening my knitting with every swing of their arms. But my scarf survived without any dropped stitches, fortunately.
I was rather disappointed with the show . . . I found Keenan Thompson very . . . not funny. Even my Orientation Leader, who was really looking forward to seeing him, said that she didn't think he was funny. But whatever. I got a lot of knitting done, so it's alright. And then I got even more knitting done today during our campus security talk this morning. I was listening, I promise. I just didn't feel like looking at the person talking . . .
Unfortunately, I've got to cut this short. There's a department meeting that I've got to get to. Art Ed! Woohoo! Yeah . . . of course I'm normal, why do you ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment