Sunday, January 9, 2011

Of Wool and Teapots

Not to be confused with woolly teapots . . . Yeah, I don't know either.  As you can see, I'm trying to live up to the "blog post a week" plan.  Or trying to, anyway.  I go back to school a week from now and classes start up again on the 18th.  My first batch of textbooks came in today.  Part of me is looking forward to a new set of classes and getting back into the swing of classes, homework, and friends.  I start my education classes this semester, too.  It's going to be an interesting semester . . .

In other news, I got a teapot.  My sister and I took a trip to the local Goodwill a couple days ago.  I went in search of a teapot, and came up with this pretty little thing:
I also found the mug behind it, which is also kind of cute.  You probably can't tell in the picture, but each stripe has a different kind of tea written on it.  And they're sitting on my cleaner-than-normal-but-still-cluttered desk.  With the bonsai tree and a sculpture I made in high school.  Anyway, I'm very satisfied with my thrift store prowess.  Over the summer, I found my Brita pitcher at another local thrift store. 

On another note, I started knitting another hat.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the chance to take an in-progress picture yet, but I will get a picture eventually.  This time, I'm trying my hand at designing.  I'm going patternless, but I will say that cables are involved.

Have a splendid week and enjoy the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment