Sunday, September 12, 2010
I love how, as soon as I start getting ready for bed, I start getting ideas for knitting projects. Sadly, I haven't had that much time to knit lately . . . Well, to be honest, I haven't had that much time for anything lately (confounded homework!). I've worked a few more rounds of my sock. I'm still trudging my way through the first row of the lace pattern of the body of my sweater. However, as I was thinking about the poster I'm putting together for English Club, I started thinking about the pair of fingerless gloves that I've been wanting to make. Now, I have a pattern that I want to use (this one from Knitty). I think I've been putting it off because I want to modify the pattern somehow, but I wasn't sure how. However, I've been struck by inspiration, and I think I have a semblance of a plan . . . Now I just have to wait until the sock is finished so I can use the needles . . .
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Once again, I find myself sitting at a college desk in a college dorm room with a massive load of homework hanging over my head. I've been back on campus for almost two weeks now. Classes started on Monday, so I've officially survived almost an entire week's-worth of classes (I have one class left tomorrow). Then, I'm off home for Labor Day weekend. It's such a weird feeling being back on campus after being home for a few months. Here are some things I've realized over the course of moving back onto campus and once again dwelling in the dorms:
- I realized how many people I actually know on campus.
- I've also realized how many people I don't know.
- I forgot how much walking you do in a day while on campus.
- The first day of classes the second time around isn't nearly as scary as the first time.
- I love getting textbooks really cheap on Amazon.
- Having an elevator in the building makes moving in so much easier.
- English classes require a lot of reading. So do history classes.
- I love my cork board. I don't know how I survived without it last year.
- No matter how many times I check to make sure I brought everything, I still manage to leave something at home.
- Did I mention that I have a lot of reading to do?