- If something's "phallic" and/or "penetrating," it's probably neither of the two
- If it's "masculine," it's definitely perfume
- We may be college students, but it doesn't mean we act like it
- Everything can be described by the terms "magical" and "nostaligic"
- The 2D Design classroom definitely has the worst chairs in the building--you either fall off or they sink down a foot when you sit down
- You definitely can--and will--leave the only supply you need for the project you'll be working on for two and a half hours in your room. And you'll spend those two and a half hours doing absolutely nothing.
- Smelling Sharpe's for an extended period of time is BAD
- Bringing your knitting to class is a good idea--it's still creative and it's fun
Monday, October 26, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
I'm presently working my way back through The Lord of the Rings for probably the millionth time. I wish more people were able to appreciate the amount of literary genius that went into the writing of that trilogy. I've read it multiple times and I still find that there are details that I've missed. I actually went and sat by the pond to read for a little while before dinner, but didn't get much reading done. There's just so much general activity there, between the people walking by and the ducks and geese . . . It's ok, though. I really just needed to get outside for a little while. It was a beautiful day today and I spent 90% of it inside. In class. That seemed to last forever."I like that!" said Sam. "I should like to learn it. In Moria, in Khazad-dûm! But it makes the darkness seem heavier, thinking of all those lamps. Are there piles of jewls and gold lying about here still?"
Now on to Psych. I can't wait until 12:00 tomorrow because it means that I will then be done for the weekend.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- People have very different definitions of "normal"
- There's no such thing as privacy
- There's never enough time to sit down and knit an entire row
- If you want to avoid drunk people on a Friday night, close your door
- No matter how much time you spend studying, there will always be more homework
- You can and will get locked out of your room at least once, and at the most inopportune moment
- You will meet many different kinds of people--some crazy in an awesome way and some just plain creepy
- Trying to avoid said creepy people is more difficult than it seems
- You're not going to become archenemies with your rommates just because you knew them from high school
- You will forget about a test and not bring a pencil at the worst time, even though you never did anything like that in high school
Yes, this is a summary of the things I've learned. And none of them relate to class material either, apparently. I know I kind of abandoned the blog up to this point, but I'm trying to keep up with classes and just experience college--work, play, creepers and all... I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.