Sunday, April 10, 2011

Things That Make Me Happy

  1. Lord of the Rings- I know, you're all shocked and surprised.  But these books mean a lot to me.
  2. A Good Cup of Tea- This is probably one of the most relaxing things ever . . . other than a good shoulder massage.  It's perfect with a good book on a rainy or snowy day.
  3. Comfortable Shoes- See my post about heels here.  There's something comforting about slipping your feet into a pair of broken-in sneakers.
  4. New Journals- They're just so pretty!
  5. A Good Book- I know this is similar to #1, but on a broader scale.  Lord of the Rings is a good book . . . a great book . . . but not all good books were written by Tolkien.  There are other great authors like Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, C.S. Lewis, Shakespeare . . .
  6. Hoodies- They're warm, soft and comfortable.  They're perfect for this time of year when it's too cold to just wear a T-shirt, but not cold enough for a coat.
  7. Yarn- I bet you saw this one coming, too.  Sadly, I haven't had much time to play with this woolly substance lately, but some nice merino or alpaca can make my day.
  8. Pillows- The fluffy ones.  Need I say more?  I didn't think so.
  9. Cheesecake- I don't know what it is about this delightful dessert, but I find it hard to turn down good cheesecake.  Especially if it happens to be from the Cheesecake Factory.
  10. Pens- Perhaps it's the writer in me, but I cherish a good pen that writes well and mourn it when it dies.
Please not that these are things . . . objects.  Since they are not objects, the people that make me happy don't make it onto this list.  Maybe they will get their own post sometime in the future; I don't know.  We'll have to see.

2 comments:

  1. I have a whole list of things that make me happy as a note on facebook ^_^ I have it labeled "Things that makes life worth living"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this realized how easily amused I can be sometimes... XD

    ReplyDelete