Thursday, November 5, 2009

Random Lord of the Rings Quote of the Day

"But no living man am I!  You look upon a woman.  Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter.  You stand between my lord and kin.  Begone if you be not deathless!  For living or dark undead, I will smite you if touch him."
You go, Eowyn.  I love the scene in the book so much better than the movie version.  They tweaked the line a little bit and I don't think it has the same power as it does in the book.  I think it really shows how courageous Eowyn really is.  She's kind of in the background for a lot of the last two books, but she really shows what she's made of in this scene.  I mean, think about it--her uncle is dying behind her and she's facing this evil power that every other human being in the area fled from--and she faced it without flinching. 

Anyway, nothing truly exciting has really been going on around here, just the usual stuff--eat, sleep, homework . . . I am participtating in National Novel Writing Month, though.  You can find more information about it at http://www.nanowrimo.org/.  Basically, the goal is to write a 50,000-word novel in one month--from November 1st at midnight until midnight of November 30.  As a result, I've pretty much signed my death wish.  One half of my says that I should really take it easy, I'm already drowning in homework as it is.  How can I possibly take on another massive project?  But the other half of me thinks that it's a good thing to do, good practice, good to get some writing done for the first time in a while, etc. etc.  The second half won.  Talk about being suicidal.  I'm a day behind, and I've barely gotten any writing done today.  Let's just see if I have any sanity left by the time this month is over.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment