Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Differing Perspectives

Why is it that non-knitters automatically assume that, if a knitter takes out their knitting, they’re bored? I went out to dinner with my friends Friday night (which was super-fun, by the way). We were at this Moroccan/Indian place for a six- or seven-course dinner; I kind of lost count after a while. While we were waiting for the next course, I decided I would take out my knitting and knit a few rows. In hindsight, I don’t think it was a good idea, anyway, because we were eating with our fingers and my fingers were all sticky—but I digress. My friends were horrified, thinking that I was bored! On the contrary, I was having a really, really good time. My hands just felt empty sitting there without an eating utensil. Even my friend who crochets didn’t believe me, though. So, unfortunately, I didn’t get to knit in the restaurant, which was rather disappointing. But I did get some knitting done later. :)
I’ve decided that I want to make a pair of legwarmers. I have no idea what I would do with a pair of legwarmers, but I want to make a pair. Now I just need to find a good pattern…

No comments:

Post a Comment